UNDERTAKER OFF HOUSE SHOWS; TRIPLE H TO HAVE SINGLES MATCHES THIS WEEKEND
Updated: 1/11/2002 4:39:19 PM
Jim Ross posted his latest Ross Report over at WWF.com. Here's news and notes from his report.
- Undertaker will not work the house shows this weekend due to lower back/joint problems. He will be at the Rumble.
- Steve Blackman has two herniated discs in his neck and a bone spur pushing into his spinal cord. He will see a specialist and may need surgery.
- Trish Stratus is working with her thumb in a splint as a result of a torn ligament.
- William Regal will be back on house shows this weekend, following his three nose surgeries.
- Randy Orton is working through his still sore shoulder.
- Mike Awesome is expected back in four to five months as he recovers from ACL surgery. .
- Test is undergoing therapy on his back, he will not miss any time.
- Kanyon is expected back after WrestleMania. He has started light running as he continues to recover from ACL surgery.
- Hardcore Holly should be back in three months.
- Chris Benoit is expected back between mid-March and early-April.
- Rhyno is three months out of neck surgery, and is hoped to return in six months.
- TAKA Michinoku may be back as early as March from shoulder surgery.
- X-Pac is expected to go to Cincinnati or Louisville to work off any ring rust before returning to television.
- The WWF has been invited back to "The Weakest Link" for another show.
- Lita has been invited to the MTV Music Awards in Singapore in February (I'm guessing this is the International Awards show).
- The "Fear Factor" episode is planned to air on Monday, Feb. 25, at 8 p.m., just before RAW.
- Booker T will guest on BET's "Maad Sports," tomorrow from 12:30 to 1 p.m.
- The Rock will take part in the Super Bowl pregame show on Fox. Ross said he may host Saturday Night Live again, and he will be on the cover of the May issue of Muscle & Fitness.
- Diamond Dallas Page has been invited to participate in a "Masters Tea" at Yale University early this year. I have no idea what that means.
- Trish will be on the May cover of Oxygen Magazine.
- As Mike Johnson reported in his International column, Chris Benoit, Torrie Wilson and Tajiri will tour Asia next week in support of the upcoming WWF tour. Having just returned from Japan, I can tell you that there are flyers and posters everywhere with Rock and Vince McMahon's picture on it, hyping the show.
- Scotty 2 Hotty, Albert and Spike Dudley will volunteer for the Rhode Island Special Olympics on Feb. 8.
- Stacy Keibler will have dinner with a Howard Stern contest winner next month.
- Jerry "The King" Lawler will be at the ticket onsale in Reno tomorrow, while Torrie and Terri will be at the one in Seattle. Ross put over Terri's work on Excess.
News & Notes:
- Ross put over the developmental programs and the talent there. He pointed out that Kaz Hayashi has gotten an English tutor.
- Ross felt there was good wrestling on the shows this week, and mentioned Angle vs. Austin from Smackdown. I agree, it was good ... until the finish.
- Ross put over Edge, Jazz and the new team of Spike Dudley & Tazz.
- Ross said Triple H will work in single matches this weekend on house shows. He worked tag bouts last weekend. Ross put over the ovation he got on Raw, and also mentioned the ovation Sgt. Slaughter got for his match, which will be on Heat.
- Spike Dudley, Tazz and Michael Cole will host Heat at WWF NY, and Hurricane Helms will host Smackdown on Thursday, with a concert by Lilian Garcia.
- WWF is launching a marketing campaign with 7-Eleven.
- JR said the upcoming book on Freddie Blassie's life is a "beaut". I'm looking forward to that one myself.
- To quote JR "The return of the original Goldust and Mr. Perfect should be exciting for the Rumble. Val Venis and the Godfather are ready to go as well. The Rumble, at Philips Arena on Sunday, Jan. 20, has officially sold out." That should add fuel to the fire of those that claim Dustin Rhodes/Runnels will not be participating.
- Ross put over the job Tommy Dreamer and Steven Richards are doing as a tag team on the road. He also put over Chuck Palumbo & Billy Gunn.
- Ross talked about the possibilities having the WCW tape library presents. There is definitely money to be made with it, if they use it right.
- Another quote "Lots of wild Internet rumors swirling around out there about a variety of matters in the World Wrestling Federation. Some are positively extraordinary!" Wonder which ones he is talking about?
- Ross went off talking about Oklahoma Sooner Coach Bob Stoops deciding to stay at OU.
- Ross ended by talking about the upcoming shows this week.
Please feel free to place your adds here